14 and looking for answers

I’m 14 years old and I’m in love with aviation. My dad is an ATC in the Navy and I could just sit in the tower looking at all types of jets for hours. I recently had my first into flight and now I now I want to get in the business. I want to slowly learn how to fly without any other schedules being messed up. I know I need to be 16 to get my student pilot certificate. Am I able to start getting small lessons every now and then?

Thanks, Cameron

Cameron,

At 14, as you know, you’re too young to get your Private and you’re also too young to participate in this forum. That said to answer your question sure you can take lessons but I’d save my money until you’re closer to 16. Taking lessons every now and then may be fun but it’s not very productive as these are skills best built with regular consistent instruction.

Adam

Cameron,

I am with Adam on this one. Save you and your parent’s money and wait until you are old enough to actually get a license before you begin any flight training.

Right now, the best thing you can do is stay in school and do well with your grades.

Chris