34year old Cop

@Police2Pilot yes that’s right. Don’t overthink it, just memorize the info. When you get consistent 90s or above on practice tests (1 or 2) go ahead and take the test.

I believe the Sportys app does have the FAA exam question bank. I’m not sure how often it gets updated but regardless, it will be plenty sufficient to guarantee good scores if used wisely. :slight_smile:

Kyle,

Absolutely just study the material, pass the test and get it out of the way. Use the Sporty’s app and just memorize the questions and answers. There will be time to actually learn the material later on.

Chris

You’re saying memorize all the questions and answers on the Sportys test mode of 60 questions or the learning module questions for all the modules?

Kyle,

Sporty’s has alot more than 60 questions. Listen everyone learns a little different and different things work for different people. When I took the test I didn’t need to memorize the questions where there were charts (ie, landing distance, wind, performance, etc) because the charts are fairly easy to use which left room in my brain to memorize the rest.

Adam

Kyle,

I too did a similar method. Use your knowledge from the Elevate videos and PHAK to answer what you can, know how to use the charts and diagrams and then the leftover ones you don’t quite understand yet, simply memorize the answer. So instead of 100 answers to memorize, maybe you only need to memorize 35. The rest you just know. Does that make sense?

Hannah

Hey Arthur,

Would love to chat with you more about making the jump. I’m about to turn 37 and currently working in Tech sales. I already have my PPL and thinking about quitting my day job to pursue a career in corporate aviation. I own a home with my girlfriend and at some point soon I’m gonna have to pop the question. My biggest concern is finances while I’d be in school at ATP, how to pay mortgage during that time and cover all other expenses.

Any insight you can provide would be helpful.

Cheers!

Just scheduled my PAR for Wednesday June 1st. Wish me luck!

-Kyle

1 Like

@Police2Pilot good luck!! Based off your study habits, I’m sure you’ll do great. Keep us updated!

Hannah

1 Like

Kyle,

Luck is for the weak. Skill and knowledge win the day!

Adam

1 Like

Kyle,

Adam is right, but a little kick never hurt either. Let us know how it goes.

Chris

1 Like

Took my PAR exam this morning and scored a 92! What an adrenaline dump! I was so nervous once I hit “finish exam.” I must have went over the exam at least 3 times. Next is the instrument!

Thanks everyone!

-Kyle

5 Likes

Nice!

Adam

1 Like

Kyle,

Nice work, keep it up.

Chris

1 Like

Great job! That’s awesome.

For the IRA and every written after you’ll be using the Sheppard air test prep software. If you need help getting pointed in the right direction let us know!

Hannah

Nice score on the PAR Kyle! I thought that was probably the most difficult written because it’s a new way of testing and just the nerve of going into it. Like Hannah mentioned, Sheppard Air is the way to go.

You’ll want to take both the IRA and FII together, maybe add in the IGI (especially if you want to get your Gold Seal Certificate later in your career).

Brady

1 Like

Thanks Brady! Not sure if I’ll have time for the other exams before my June 20th start date. I am going to try and get the Instrument exam completed before I start.

-Kyle

I bet you can complete the instrument exam by then, double down and see what you can do.

2 Likes

Nice score! If you don’t have time to complete any other exams prior you will at least make good progress between now and then. If you stay on top of your studies you should be able to stay ahead of the exams while in the program.

Tory

When I went to ATP they had a “self-paced” option. I don’t remember all the details but it had a very low threshold of required time out of me each month. I worked 12hr shifts that gave me a schedule of seven work days for every two week period. I was able to use those other seven days as training days. My wife is a nurse so her income helped us pay the bills. Numbers are numbers, make a budget and see if it works. Let me know if you have anything specific you wanted to ask.

The Self Paced program is no longer available.