A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step

Wow, this is an impressive thread. I just realized it goes way back to June of 2018. I didn’t read through everything, but I’m assuming the whole thread goes through your journey from ATP to SW. What an awesome thing.

Congrats on your type rating, you’re gonna love the 73. I am considering SW and may try to bug you in the future to get some insights about your QOL there.

1 Like

@forourspam has been all over! He is a great resource for all the different flying you can find outside of 121. Now that he’s at SWA, he can speak more to the differences between 135 and 121 life. Also, the 737 is a great airplane. Many people gripe on it, but it’s the workhorse of the industry!

Hannah

2 Likes

It took me a little over a month of flying the line to finish my consolidation (FAR 121.434(g)), and my “high mins” limitations no longer apply. It will take the rest of my career to keep learning the aircraft, the operation and honing the skills. Here’s what SWA IOE and consolidation looked like for me.

2 Likes

Congrats Sergey!

That looks like some diverse flying, I hope you are enjoying the 737 at SWA!

Roscoe

1 Like

Sergey,

Looks like fun airports and decent legs! Out of all of the places you’ve been, which has been your favorite?

Looking there in NY, is that Syracuse? Every time I go up there and have the super early departure, I always end up chatting with the LUV crews through TSA.

Brady

Sergey,

That is some great flying, looks like you just about covered the whole US. Thank you for updating us, please continue to hang around this website :slight_smile:

Chris

Thanks Roscoe! The 73 is a great airplane to fly (anyone that says otherwise is being a hater :joy:). It is reliable, super stable and eats up crosswinds like nobody’s business. I’ve gotten to fly with some excellent folks already and have throughly enjoyed myself so far. The only thing I wish I could’ve done differently is made my way to Southwest sooner, but I got here as quickly as they would have me.

1 Like

I think the NY state pin you’re referring to is my back-to-back ALB overnight.

So far SAN and SJC have been my favorite airports to fly into. SLC had the nicest hotel for the overnight. And I also looked for Chris when I hit up ORF.

LGA has been my least favorite so far. But it’s LGA, so what do you expect :joy:

Thank you, Chris! I owe a lot to the mentorship that I’ve received from the folks on this forum, and I intend to keep offering the same. Hope you’re doing well, my friend!

:clap:t2::clap:t2:

Glad to hear you’re loving southwest and enjoying the beautiful 737… SAN is one of my favorite approaches. I spent many afternoons on top of that yellow parking garage on short final dreaming about flying in there one day.

Hannah