A write-up on my time at ATP

Arman,

Congratulations on your first flying job! I have a few hours in an Aztec, it is a really nice airplane.

Thanks for the update, let us know how it goes, please.

Chris

1 Like

That’s awesome! I definitely want to check that out now!

I’ll definitely keep you updated!

Congratulations on completing the program and securing a job. I am planning on finally attending ATP. I joined this for in 2016 and let life get in my way. Reading your write up of your journey has helped me get over a few of my reservations. I think I will be harder on myself when it comes time for check rides and performing maneuvers. Hopefully in the next couple months I will be officially a student.

Do you have plans for your career once you hit the 1500 hours?

1 Like

Arman,

This is as awesome as it comes! Congratulations on securing your first pilot job, flying that multi time will definitely be beneficial to you in the long run. I’ve always wanted to fly in a Cessna 310, they seem like such a powerful general aviation plane for what they are. If you can make sure to get your pilot photo with one of the planes (if company allows) to share with us all!

Congrats again Arman!

Brady

1 Like

Hi Joshua,
I’m glad that my little write-up was helpful to you. Congratulations on choosing ATP! You’ve made a good choice.

As far as when I’ve gotten the 1500 hours, I imagine I’ll try and sign on with a regional. I’ve always wanted to live out west for at least a period in my life, so maybe Skywest will be a good contender.

Good luck with the program!

Thank you, Brady!

I am very excited. I’ll be sure to post about it when I actually fly the 310 for the first time. I’m not entirely sure what company policy is on that but I’ll definitely ask them!

1 Like

Sounds great Arman, find out because that could be a cool professional network post there! Add it to your LinkedIn portfolio too, if you don’t have one I’d highly recommend creating one for the networking side of things.

Brady

1 Like

Congrats Armen on your first pilot job! Awesome for you! I definitely admire all of you who have chased your dreams to fly!!! Best of luck to you and your new adventures.

Chris

1 Like

So I finally have a second to update everyone. I went to company line-check training for the 206 and the 310. It was back to back sim training in a redbird sim and actual flights in each aircraft with the company check airmen. It was pretty intense but everyone was very helpful. Every failure you can imagine was thrown at me in the sim along with IMC conditions. The 206 is one of the most challenging planes to land nicely, and the 310 is a HUGE jump from the seminole. I mean that is a fast airplane, but handles very nicely. I was sent out to the SFRA in DC for my first job. That was definitely a crazy change for me with all the coordination that comes with the SFRA and the Bravo. I also flew in the Philly Bravo today. I still can’t believe this is real. I am having an absolute blast.

3 Likes

Arman,

Thank you for the update. That looks like a really powerful airplane to fly. It is also nice to have insights from somebody going down a non CFI route. Please continue to share them with us.

Have fun up there!

Chris

1 Like

Very cool and sexy airplane!

Keep the updates coming!

Adam

1 Like

Arman,
So glad to hear you’re loving your job and doing so well at it too. You’re moving on up to bigger and faster planes! Love the updates, keep them coming!

-Hannah

1 Like

I like to hear your about your updates! Congrats and awesome looking plane!!!

1 Like

Arman! How’s it going?

Hey Raffaele!

Its been an eventful time since I started this job in May. I have been to over 100 airports all over the country and counting. I’ve lost my left engine over the approach sector of Hartsfield Intl, flown through some more than questionable weather, made some amazing friends, and learned a lot about myself as a pilot. I am flying the 310s solely now. They are a fun and fast little plane but dangerous as anything.

Unfortunately it hasn’t been all fun. I lost a very close friend of mine that I worked with due to a plane crash in a 310R last week. It has been tough for all of us that knew him, especially since we still have no idea what really happened yet and probably won’t for quite some time. A few of the pilots decided to take some time away from aviation and I cant say I blame them. I myself decided to get back in the plane before I dwelled on it too much and never flew again.

Don’t want to end on a bad note so here is a picture of the plane I was flying over the FL Keys recently.

Arman,

Glad you’re doing well overall and very sorry to hear about your friend. A reminder to all that flying is not something to be taken lightly.

Adam

1 Like

Arman,

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I lost an uncle to an aviation accident before I was born, it still haunts the family and has never been fully explained.

On a happier note, I am glad that you are enjoying your job. What exactly is it that you are doing in that 310?

Chris

1 Like

Yes very sorry to hear about your friend. I commend you for getting back behind the controls. Stay safe out there. Look forward to hearing more about your adventures and what your future holds.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that about your uncle, Chris.

I actually work for a survey company. I basically fly in metropolitan areas (mostly bravos and Charlies) and fly lines within those areas back and forth in an east to west or north to south fashion. The camera takes images when I am on each line at given checkpoints. I don’t know all that much about the camera system, the camera operator sits in the back and operates the 400 pound camera system so I can focus on flying.

2 Likes