Real Answers from Real Pilots

A320 partner

Hi, would like to obtain a partner to add on an A320 type. Is there a place where people are listing there availability? Is anyone else looking for a partner? My time is somewhat flexible and I have the funds to do it… Not having much luck working with a Rep.

Thank you,

Kyle

Kyle,

ATP does offer an A320 type rating course. You can read about it here: Airbus A320 Type Rating Course / ATP Jets

Chris

Thanks Chris. I can’t seem to find a partner since first notifying the Rep a couple months ago. Know anyone looking for a partner?

Kyle

Kyle,
I would contact ATP jets in Dallas where the course is offered and let them know you’re interested in the course but have flexibility to wait for a sim
Partner. Maybe they can put you on a call list. It’s a few thousand dollars cheaper to have a sim partner so they would understand your desire to wait and I’m sure the other solo person signing up would appreciate the discount as well.

-Hannah

Thanks Hannah,
That’s pretty much the holding pattern I’ve been in for the last month or so. Apparently not a popular program for someone not enrolled in the full ATP program. Have a start date at a regional in one month and was hoping to complete it prior. We’ll see how it goes.

safe flights!

Kyle

Kyle,

Help me out here, why are you trying to get an A320 type rating if you have a start date at a regional?

Chris

No need to overthink it. Just somthing I wanted to do. As a 60 year old guy going to a regional, will be lucky if I see the left seat in anything 121 let alone equipment larger then an RJ. Had a long enjoyable career in 135 fixed/rotary. Just going back for one last shot before hanging it up… Know anyone?