Admissions Flight Observations

Hi, Folks-

I had a great admissions flight on Monday morning in Sacramento, and I wanted to share a few thoughts for those about to do the same.

First, my instructor Sean reached out via text the day before my flight. It was to resolve a scheduling issue, so that may not be typical, but it helped to allay my concerns that I was going to be shuffled through a “pilot factory” and treated like “just another newbie”. Everyone I met was personable and kind, and I was treated with respect.

Second, I was impressed with the facility. The place was clean, modern and well-appointed, as were the people I met (ha!). There were nice study rooms and cool simulators- it was place I could definitely spend a lot of time in and feel good about it. And the flight line is right outside the door!

Third, the plane was really well-maintained. It wasn’t banged up or worn out in any way that I could see (from my military background, I’m used to “training equipment” being sub-standard). The nav gear especially was really modern and cool. I found the cockpit to be comfortable and roomy.

Finally, the flight itself was perfect. Sean was keenly aware of what a big decision ATP is, and he gave me as much time at the controls as safely possible and prompted me for questions often. There was no sales pitch- he just wanted me to learn and experience as much as possible so that I could make my own decision about moving forward. It was just what I had hoped for.

So there you go- if you’re on the fence about ATP, I strongly encourage you to go take a flight as soon as you can. Shoot, I’d do it again just as a joyride. Flying is fun, and getting familiar with the program and how things work is icing on the cake.

Thanks,
Ben

5 Likes

Ben,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Admissions Flight. Please keep us in the loop when you schedule your class date.

Chris