Airline experience

If i get 205 hours of experience or 255 are there real posibilities to get employed in the US?

Pedro,

A Commercial pilot license requires 250hrs. With that you could get a job as a flight instructor or possibly some other low time job (banner tow, traffic watch, e.t.c). You should know to work as a pilot in the US you need to either be a citizen or have permanent resident status

Adam

Adam,
So ATP offers CFI Jobs but ATP is a lot more expensive than other academies, what could i do to get my dream of being first officer in a big airline become true?

You can go to flight schools around you and complete you training in modules. While this isn’t efficient, it will save you money. Personally I would try for ATP because of how fast you get everything done and the airline-like training. Might I add that in this life…the only limited resources we have is time. So personally I’d rather spend more money to enjoy more time in aviation. But, I don’t know your circumstances, so the decision is yours. This is just my take on what I think you should try to do.

I think that training in modules is actually more expensive as schools will quote prices based on minimums and not on the amount of time that it actually takes to complete a license. This can lead to significant cost overruns.

1 Like

Pedro,

While ATP isn’t the cheapest, it definitely isn’t “a lot more expensive than other flight” schools. There’s also an old saying that you get what you pay for. As you said ATP guarantees jobs to their grads and over 300 ATP instructors were hired by airlines in the last year alone. Regardless no flight school is cheap and reaching your dream will require hard work and a significant financial investment.

Adam