Airline Partnerships with Flight Schools

So ATP seems to have these partnerships with MANY regional airlines, but other flight schools and universities seem to have much(?) less. Does this mean that ATP CFIs will have a better chance of landing an interview than those who are training at other schools/universities such as UND and Embry Rittle? Also, does anyone know what percentage of the ATP students get a job (I know they say 577 students got hired by an airline in the last 12 months but is that a lot compared to the total number of students)?

Peter,

Yes, airline partnerships do have meaning and can help to advance somebody’s career. Airlines routinely seek out ATP students and instructors because they know that ATP trains to airline standards and in an airline type environment.

ATP does not know what percentage of students get jobs. Once a student finished their training, some chose to stay at ATP and instruct, others do not. Once a student has left the proverbial nest, they have no obligation to report back to ATP. Many chose to and thus they are shown on the airline placements page, but some we never hear from again, so it is impossible to figure an exact percentage. Suffice it to say though, it is a very high percentage.

Chris

Peter,

ATP pioneered airline agreements and their students were getting hired long before there was a pilot shortage. Obviously if a school has more agreements that means more options and therefore more opportunities.

600 pilots getting hired is alot regardless of enrollment. Ask your local flight school how many they’ve had hired EVER? I can guarantee you it’s less than 600.

Adam

Dang! ATP definitely is something else

I really appreciate you guys answering the questions!

Peter,

Anytime, let us know how else we can help you.

Chris

1 Like