Allegiant Air

Hey, I really want to be a pilot for allegiant as it’s the only airline that offers pilots the opportunity of coming home every night and does day time round trips. Is there any information to better prepare me for the position?

Thanks, Androu

Androu,

You’re talking about step 217. You need to learn to fly first. Do well in training, build your time, get hired by a Regional and then when your meet their minimums apply to Allegiant. While they’re a fine airline, as a low cost carrier they’re not many pilots first choice plus many use them as a stepping stone for the Majors. Therefore getting there shouldn’t be too difficult.

Now while it’s great to have a goal, know that things can and do change. I fly for Hawaiian and we offered InterIsland day trips for decades and decades. 6mos ago the airline decided to introduce InterIsland overnights. While there still are a few day trips the vast
majority are not. You’d be better served assessing the situation when you’re much closer to getting hired as it may very well be different.

Adam

Adam,

Do I have to work myself up from regional or can I just be a flight instructor until I reach 3000 flight hours and go straight to allegiant because their website doesn’t mention anything about prior working history.

Thanks, Androu

Androu,

While they don’t specify and turbine time, they do require an ATP license (which means you’ll be paying for the ATP-CTP course out of your own pocket at a cost of $4000+ out of your pocket). More important you’ll be competing against applicants with thousands of hours of jet time flying for the Regionals. Short answer is no. Allegiant will want to see more than just CFI time.

Adam

Thank you so much Adam!
That explained a lot.

Androu,

You. would prepare for Allegiant like any other airline, build your flight tike and qualifications. Allegiant is a major airline, so they will want to see several thousand hours of jet flight time, most likely built at the regionals.

I would caution yup not to set your sights on one airline as things can and do change, including your own preferences.

Chris