Any advice for an upcoming student pilot

I am about to start planning for college to start my pilot career. Any advice you want to give me and tips to succeed in college

Jason,

That’s an easy one. The same advice for anyone starting college in preparation for a career in anything. Work hard and do well because it matters. Future jobs will want to see your transcripts and GPA and they want to see excellence, not mediocrity.

The only difference is if you want to be an accountant you study accounting. Want to be a lawyer you study the law. Want to be a pilot? You don’t get an aviation degree. Why? Because the airlines neither desire or require one and if for any reason aviation doesn’t work out it provides no backup. So study something you have interest in and think might serve as a Plan B. Then when you’re done, that’s when you should go to flight school and train to be a pilot.

Adam

1 Like

Jason,

Adam is 100% correct here. Do well in college because you will be asked about your GPA. Also, pick a field of study that interests you and could serve as a backup if for any reason aviation falls through for you. Any major will do, just make sure it is fro a respected and accredited college.

Chris

2 Likes