Anyone passed first class medical with chronic disease or daily medication? Thanks

Anyone passed first class medical with chronic disease or daily medications? Thanks.

Melody,

Many people do and many do not. Depends on the disease and it depends on the medication. Some are approved by the FAA, some are not. Further it could depend on the severity of the disease or how it manifests itself, so if someone has a similar condition, that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have the same outcone.

The ONLY way to know for certain is to consult an AME (Aviation Medical Examiner). Anything else is just speculation.

Adam

Thanks. I only know how to schedule first class medical test with AME.

You mean I could schedule consultation with AME too?

Melody,

Sure. Many (not all) AMEs are available for a consultation prior to the actual exam. I’d give their office a call and tell them your situation and you’d like to discuss to get your ducks in a row prior to the exam. They can then advise you further. It could be as simple as a phone call.

Adam

Melody,

Until you have your consult, check out this link:

AOPA is an incredible resource for pilots. Maybe you can find a few answers to your specific situation.

Hannah

Melody,

Consult, consult, consult. You need to find an AME that you can raise these medical questions to; while we are here to help, we are not medical examiners or professionals in that field.

Brady