Arrested but not convicted?

in 2016 i was arrested for importation of a narcotic obviously a federal offence wich landed me in federal jail but i was offered a program for offenders under 20 called diversion an attempt to differ young lives away from crime and as of 2017 my charges were dropped and i was never convicted since then ive had a career at at aerospace company as a machinist however the company did not see it but im not sure what the airline will be able to see my lawyer said they will only see an arrest not a conviction is that something that would keep me from becoming pilot i want to see what you guys think before i get my hopes by going to school waisting my time and money etc

Not sure about the legal issue but the grammar is a bit concerning…

1 Like

Robert,

The FAA and the airlines will ask if you’ve ever been “arrested, convicted or any event” related to drugs. You have and that’s a problem. Airlines have 2 major concerns when it comes to drugs, a) that you’re not using them and b) you’re not trafficking or transporting them. The first thing I’d do is see if you can get an FAA First Class. After that I’d contact some Regionals and see what they say. In my experience it will be an issue for you. The Regionals are desperate but the Majors are not.

Adam

Robert,

I think that you will have a very difficult time being hired at an airline in any capacity, ever. I would contact a few regionals and ask them, but if you do it by email, you will need to clean up the way you type.

Chris

Yes, I was aware that my grammar was not very good. However I wasn’t exactly thinking this was an essay so therefore i wasn’t very concerned about it. Don’t mean to sound rude so sorry if this comes off wrong. I appreciate the responses, but I also forgot to mention in another year it will be expunged. Does this make any possible difference?

Check out this current thread:

Adam