ATP CFI Question

Hello,

I am currently working on my PPL with a local school. Once completed I will be dropping the day job and looking for a school like ATP to take me the rest of the way. My question is, if ATP hires you as a CFI upon completion of their program do they typically send you out of state or to another school to instruct? Or can you usually stay at your home base where you trained? I live in Ogden, Utah and have heard that you sometimes get sent to another state if you want to instruct. Any insight or feedback would be wonderful. Thanks!

1 Like

Bradley,

I’ve seen people say ATP sends or makes you go to another location other than your home. ATP does not (nor have they ever) sent any pilot anywhere to instruct. They do not however guarantee you’ll be able to stay at your home location. When you complete the program you’ll be given a CHOICE of available locations. Hopefully one of those is home or another location that works for you. If there are none you have the CHOICE to find another job at another flight school or wait for a slot at yours. There’s really no way of knowing for certain until you’re ready to instruct.

Adam

1 Like

Bradley,

Keep in mind that you can always take a job at whatever location, then ask for a transfer when Ogden becomes available. It seems like most people are able to stay near home, but it really depends on availability of your desired location at the time you apply.

Chris