Atp ctp

Adam,

Just to reiterate what was said… Flying VOR to VOR seems difficult and very tedious. Again, this is probably because I’m just working towards my PPL.

Yuran

Ryan,

Your service is appreciated, sir. My mentor is a Naval Aviator and he loves to share his stories and how Air Force flight training is different than Naval flight training. I thought about flying in the reserves or in the Air National Guard, but that’s still some ways away since I’m still working on my bachelor degree.

It’s always reassuring that the regionals will still pick up the bill for my ATP license. You also have time before having to take your ATP practical so I’m sure that you’re going to do well!

Were you able to get any photos of the sim?

Good luck as well, sir. Who knows, we could end up flying together. By the time you get out of the Air Force, I’ll be completing my CFI course, so there’s a chance that we could end up flying together in the near future (assuming we get hired at the same airline, of course).

Yuran

1 Like

It is difficult and tedious, that is why we avoid having to navigate that way at all costs.

1 Like

Unfortunately no photos of the sim.

Here is a stock photo of the real thing for comparison

1 Like

Ryan,

I’ve been reading through the forums and it’s good to hear of the successes of such a program

I too, am a military pilot (Army C-12, 1200 hours) and am persuing ways to finance my ATP license, since many army units stopped paying for it. I currently have 2 years left on my contract and would like to put myself in a position to be successful once I get out. I am pretty sure the GI Bill only pays for Part 141, but essentially I would just need to get my ATP written, and checkride (EASA conversion would be nice too, since I am marrying a European and really see myself staying in Europe). Did you have any hurdles for the financing portion or did you essentially pay out of pocket with the GI Bill covering the examiners fees?

Any feed back would be great and I appreciate everyone’s contributions to this form.

Mike

Mike,

I used my Post 911 GI Bill to pay for the ATP CTP class at DFW. That is the only ATP location that will take the GI Bill, at least when I went. You can call and ask them if that had changed at all. So that covered the $4995 and it was 1 month of eligibility for every $1,000.

That did not include the practice exam and flying. I’d just ask if whoever you do that with will take GI Bill. I have not done that portion yet. I’d also ask around as I’ve heard you may be able to get an examiner on a C-12 flight but not sure how feasible or realistic that is.

Good luck and standing by if you have any more questions.

Ryan

Ryan,

What was the cost for your practice exam? Who are you looking to complete the flying portion?

Anyone - How long is the ATP good between completion and flight? 24 months?

Ryan

Sorry, should have been practical exam, not practice.

I think it is typically $4,000-$5,000 for that portion also.

Exam should be good for 5 years.

Ryan,

Thanks for the reply and that’s good to know! It would be ideal to be able to get my ATP CTP knocked out in conjunction with the exam and checkride. But at least there’s options out there and with the GI Bill covering a good chunk of it, not too expensive.

Mike