ATP Flight Instruction

I was wondering if I already graduated from an accredited university with all my ratings including MEI, can I still flight instruct/apply for ATP? Or do they only accept their own students? Haven’t been able to find this answer anywhere and I’d love to work for ATP.

Hannah,
Typically no, ATP doesn’t often hire instructors who didn’t come through a phase of the program as a student at some point. However, I know a few cases who have. I’ve contacted our instructor hiring department to get a clear answer for you and will let you know!

-Hannah

1 Like

Hannah,
I have the update for you. The instructor hiring department said:
“Currently, we only contract with instructors who are graduates of the Airline Career Pilot Program.”
But we do have an employment team that posts jobs regularly that are not limited to ATP graduates. Here’s the link to that!

https://atpflightschool.com/jobs/

-Hannah

1 Like

Darn. Thank you for checking!

Not trying to hijack this thread nor do I mean any umbrage to Ms Roberts but there’s a moral to this story. This is one the reasons I so vigorously recommend ATPs program. ATP hires far more instructors than most flight schools (having 53 locations). Pilots not only need to build time, they need a method to do so.

Adam