ATP Housing

Have any of you used housing for your training while at ATP? If so, how did you like it? Do students who use housing live with other ATP students? I’m a northearsterner wanting to get away from the cold and icy winters up here. I want to train at Scottsdale, but there is no housing available right now. There is housing in Mesa, however. It’s about a 35 minute drive from the apartment in Mesa to Scottsdale Airport. Just because I plan on training at Scottsdale doesn’t mean I can’t get housing in Mesa, right?

Erik,

I used the housing when I went through training and actually it was really nice. You may have to share a room but there’s plenty of space and everyone was respectful. Also it’s very beneficially since there are usually pilots in later stages who can help you while you help the new folks.

As far as the Mesa/Scottsdale I’d assume so but I’d call ATP to be certain.

Adam

Erik,

While you may be technically “sharing” a room with another student there is a good possibility that you will not see much of him if he started ahead of or behind you. I did not have a room mate myself, but my training partner was in the other bedroom of the two bedroom condo. We had our own space, but would sometimes study together in the evenings.

Chris

Erik,

As far as the housing situation in Mesa, you can expect to share a room. Since it is a very busy location, the rooms are usually occupied.
The drive from the apartments in Mesa to the Scottsdale airport is about 35 minutes on a good day, but if you are lucky enough to hit traffic, you are looking at an hour and a half commute every day, so think carefully if that is the best option for you. My recommendation is either train at KIWA, or try to find accommodation in Scottsdale.

Yarden

how often can you get single occupancy housing?

Jonathan,

Having completed the program, I can tell you that there’s a high chance you won’t get single occupancy housing. It may depend on location, but where I was everyone had a roommate during most of their training. I had the room to myself for about 4 weeks or when my roommate went to CFI school at a different location. Then he came back to finish his add-ons. After he graduated from ATP, I had the room to myself again for a couple weeks until a new student joined the program.

Jonathan,

As Erik said I wouldn’t count on it. There’s no way of knowing or increasing your odds. You either will or you won’t.

If it’s really a priority you’re always welcome to find your own accommodations.

Adam

I had my own room for the first month, now I am sharing a room and will be until I finish the program. Its not a big deal as I pretty much am just in my room to sleep.

1 Like

The wisest words spoken on this subject. Thank you Tucker!

Adam

Hey guys ,

Quick question… When you mention sharing a room, do you mean sharing an individual bedroom or an apartment. How does sharing a bedroom work. Multiple beds in one room?

Khalid,

That’s exactly what it means. Each bedroom has 2 beds and there’s also a shared bathroom. There’s ample closet and storage space within the bedrooms and a “common” kitchen/dining and living room. There are always students in various stages of training so you could possibly go from no one in your room, to sharing a room, to no one in the whole apt, then back. It’s a very fluid situation.

Adam

Two twin sized beds per room. The apartments are typically 2b 2b.

Tory

Khalid,

It means two beds in one room, two total bedrooms in the apartment.

Chris

Hey guys, this is all really helpful for me heading that way soon, good stuff here so thank you all for sharing.

Where do you normally study if it’s a shared bedroom with someone else, is there enough room for two desks in there?

Or do you use the common area in the apartment to study if it’s not too busy/noisy?

Chris,

Typically the common area. You will find that you might have plenty of time when you are alone in the condo as your schedules will not likely exactly match those of your roommates.

Chris

Hi @chrisjavierlv,

I currently am in housing at my training location, my roommates and I use a variety of locations for study. Sometimes we’ll study in our bedrooms, common area, and outside when we’re not at the training center. I know sometimes we trade study locations; for example, I am in the common area right now while my roommate is in the bedroom - and vice versa. It just depends what is on our agendas.

Brady