ATP just a little confused

After researching for a while I’ve been quite overwhelmed by the information. I can’t quite tell by all of the websites what exactly I would get. Basically, I am looking for a school that allows me to go from nothing (or PPL) to a commercial pilot with twin engine certification and IFR rating. An airline program would also work. Any ideas? Sorry I’m not very informed. Thank you.

Beckham,

Welcome to the forums, there are tons of details that may be able to answer your questions in the FAQ. To make your life simple I can tell you this:

ATP offers individuals with no flying experience (“Zero Time”) to get their their Private Pilot License and furthermore build on that with an Instrument Rating following a Commercial Pilot License, then where you will work towards becoming a Certified Flight Instructor where you can start to earn flight hours by teaching and being paid. At the end of the program you will have a Commercial License for both Single and Multi-Engine, as well as the ability to instruct in the Multi-Engine airplanes. This is all done in 9 months, with the most up-to-date airplanes and technology that is available in the market.

Brady

Beckham,
There are many places that can get you there. Start filtering your results with the flight schools known for training professional pilots. ATP is the fastest and most efficient program. I’ll leave a link below about their fast track program. It will take you from either zero time or credit private through to Commercial multi as well as all your CFI ratings.

https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/flight-training-timeline.html

-Hannah

Beckham,

Welcome to the forums. Yes, you need a flight school that can take you all the way to being a professional pilot. A lot of smaller schools will say that they can do this, but fail when it comes to actually producing professional pilots.

Check out the timeline that Hannah linked to, it tells you everything that you will need not he flight training side of things. Also, please check out our FAQ section and the following link for tons on good information: Pilot Career Guide / ATP Flight School

As always, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Chris

Beckham,

While we’re all here and happy to help, the best thing you can do is get informed. Hannah posted a link to ATPs program but no one can tell you what to do. You need to do your research and determine what school is best for you. Good decision making is a critical pilot skill and something you should practice.

Adam