ATP out of HS

Andrew,

Welcome to the forums. Let’s get to your questions, but to begin with ATP actually requires students to have either two years of college or equivalent work experience, so your plans of starting training soon are going to have to be pushed back a bit.

1. If you can find a scholarship that pays directly to the flight school then yes they would of course accept that. That being said, there are very few aviation scholarships out there. The vast majority of people self finance their training.

2. The Tuition Reimbursement would be available regardless of age.

3. Yes, many people get online degrees while working other jobs. I am not terribly familiar with the 135 environment, but at the end of the day it is a job like any other and it will be challenging, but doable, to balance both.

4. I do think that loan payments are manageable as a CFI, especially with the tuition reimbursement program. I am not saying that you will be rolling on money, but you should be able to manage. Scroll down to the bottom of this thread to read what Yarden said about CFI pay: Making the Right Decision

Thanks for your questions, let us know what else we can answer for you.

Chris