ATP Start Date

Hi,
I am attending atp in august. How long before my start date do i need my private pilot license?

Thanks

I’m confused…Are your registered with ATP or just thinking of attending? If you are signed up for the Credit for Private Pilot Certificate Program then you have a lot of work to do over the next few months. You need to complete your PPC and arrive at ATP with 80 hours total time.

If, instead, you are enrolled in the zero time program then there is no need to obtain your Private Pilot Certificate.

Can you be more specific in your question…

Yes i understand that. I am scheduled to start in august and i already have 35 hours working towards my private. I am just wondering when is the deadline of having my private pilots license.

Thanks,
Trey

Drake - You are not a scheduled student until the private license is finished, your first class medical in hand, and you have paid the $995 deposit. Therefore to answer your question, your PPL must be completed prior to scheduling a start date.

1 Like

Drake,

And don’t forget you also need 78+hrs of flight time including 6+hrs of cross country.

Adam

Danielle,
I understand what you are saying. I have been talking to ATP and they said if i have my PPL i can start in August. What i have been asking is is there a deadline to have your PPL prior to starting at ATP. For example, do i need my PPL 6 months before my schedules start date?

No, there is no deadline, but you will not be able to schedule and confirm your start date until you actually have your PPL.

Chris

1 Like

Chris,
So what you are saying is that if i get my PPL today its possible that i can start at ATP next month?

Drake,

I hate to keep chiming in but don’t forget the 78+hrs of flight time including 6+hrs of cross country. That’s also a requirement of starting with credit for your PPL.

Adam

Drake,

Yes, if you meet their requirements and if they have availability for the dates you want.

Chris

Hey Drake,

According to Atp Fight school, you will need to secure your start date at a school minimum 1 month prior to start date. I am waiting for my first class medical results and wanted to start April class date, what Greg told me at the admin office was: notify
school minimum 1 month prior to start date and put down deposit, if there is an available spot. Hope this helps.

Joseph