August 2017 Schedule

I had a week of vacation in August, which led me to have nineteen days off for the month.

1. Off
  2. Off
  3. Off
  4. Off
  5. Off
  6. Off
  7. Off
  8. Off
  9. Off
  10. Off
  11. Off
  12. EWR-GRR, GRR-ORD
  13. ORD-SAN, SAN-SFO
  14. SFO-IAH, IAH-EWR
  15. Off
  16. Off
  17. EWR-MCO
  18. MCO-ORD, ORD-MSN, MSN-ORD, ORD-DSM
  19. DSM-ORD, ORD-EWR
  20. Off
  21. Off
  22. Off
  23. EWR-PBI, PBI-EWR
  24. Day of reserve
  25. LGA-ORD, ORD-PHX
  26. PHX-DEN, DEN-IND
  27. IND-DEN, DEN-LGA
  28. Day of reserve
  29. Off
  30. Off
  31. Off

Question, when pilots say they are new york based does that mean they potentially could have trips begin in either EWR, LGA, or JFK? I noticed you did start a trip in LGA and ended there

Chris,
Out of curiosity, Roughly how many hours is that?

1 Like

Yes. They same thing often applies to ORD-MDW, DCA-IAD-BWI, LAX-SNA, and SFO-OAK-SJC.

That was 79 hours of pay.

1 Like

Chris are you a FO or captain at regionals? Just for curiosity and how many years of senior you are to get this schedule?

Rahul,

Chris can answer in more detail but Chris is an FO for United Airlines. One of the largest Majors in the World (not a Regional). If my math is right he’s been there about 11yrs.

Adam

When does your pay clock starts?
A- The time when you check in to weather room
B- the time when you get in to cockpit
C- your flight time

Chandler,

None of the above. Pay, at my airline, starts when the aircraft breaks are released for pushback from the gate and ends when the breaks are set at the gate at the destination airport.

Chris

Chris thank you for your answer I really enjoy chatting with you. I Am getting a real picture of Aviation industry. I really appreciate all of you.
Question:- How soon do you get your work schedule?

At my airline, we get our work schedules on the 17th of the month prior. I am currently out on leave until March, 2018 as I recently had reconstructive surgery on my ankle, so there will not be any schedule updates from me for awhile.

Chris

Thanks Chris.
So it’s a monthly schedule. Every 17th of the month you get your next month schedule. This sound good. Does new regional pilot get on call flight. Like they call to take flight in next 2hrs on day off.
Get some rest and take very good care of your health.

Chander,

New pilots at any airline, both regional and major, are usually assigned “reserve”, meaning that they are on call. However, you are not on call everyday of the month, you will have about eighteen days of call per month on a pre-set schedule, just like a pilot with a line of flying.

Thanks, that is the plan.

Chris

1 Like