Aviation or none aviation degree

Hello everyone,

Is it better to get an aviation related degree or none related is better? Like career wise and what are they pros and cons of each if someone already have gone through the same situation.

Thanks in advance!!

Bishoy,

Opinions may vary but personally I’m not a fan of aviation degrees. If for some reason your flying career doesn’t pan out (either by choice or circumstance) it’s always good to have a Plan B. In simple terms you can be an airline pilot with an accounting degree but you can’t be an accountant with an aviation degree.

Beyond that I’m afraid I don’t understand your second question? There’s career wise but is “like” career wise?

Also while we appreciate your thanks why are you so excited about it?

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

You nailed it, it does make sense with what you said. You answered the question right on point, having a plan B.

To answer your excitement question is because,
I travel often to visit my family in Egypt. It always took my breath away during the take off and landing “in a good way”. Also always sat next to the windows and wondered how the flaps and ailerons of the plane operates and that’s what caught my attention to dig deep into the aviation world.

I recently went to a local flying school here in Michigan and they gave me a tour around and saw couple planes and we came back in the office and they stated that they cooperate with a university in VA that will credit me for a BS degree in aviation if I attend that college while doing my training at the flight school. Along my associate degrees in business that I have. I just needed some guides to make firm decisions.

I been a Relationship Banker for one of the biggest banks in the US that’s why I studied business. But to be honest I didn’t find excitement in it as much as being a futur pilot which it will an honerable job to have I believe.

Bishoy,

I am not a fan of aviation degrees as they do not give you any back up plan should you need it for any reason.

Chris

1 Like

guys, can I talk individually to someone?

Mekan,

Our vehicle for mentoring is through this website. We have found that everybody benefits from reading other people’s questions. Please feel free to post whatever questions you have in the forum.

Chris

ok, just wanted to send docs… so now, I’m in US, get my skills in english grammar on a manhattan language courses. As I said, I have a bachelor diploma, now I want to transfer from aircraft maintenance to be a pilot, but don’t have funds for training ( I heard it is approximately 80-90 thousands), so can I do contract with aviation company or smth else like (I can be free training instructor for several time)? Just I want to someone sponsor me, but after I’ll pay it by contract…

Sincerelly, Mekan Altayev

Mekan,

The short answer is no. While there is a pilot shortage there are still plenty of people who will take out loans etc to pay for their training. What you have to understand is flying requires a certain level of intelligence and coordination and not everyone is successful. Companies are reluctant to take the risk nor do they need to. I’ve yet to ever hear of any company sponsoring any prospective pilot.

Adam

Mekan,

Finances are usually one of the biggest barriers for prospective students. I am not aware of any companies that sponsor flight training, most people take out loans for this.

Chris

Thanks Chris, having a plan B is always the best option.