BA or BS bachelors degree?

I know it doesn’t matter what major you do in college to become an airline pilot, as long as its from an accredited school, but I was wondering if it mattered if you do a Bachelors of Science or a Bachelors of Arts. I was planning to do a BS in Computer Science once I graduate High School.

Also, what majors would prepare me for flight school and training? (Obviously aviation/aeronautical degrees would help, but I want to do a major in something else that I can use to get another job.)

Rushan,

Wellllllll, since it doesn’t matter what you study AND the BS/BA distinction is based on what you study, the answer is no. It does not matter.

Adam

1 Like

Rushan,

Really any major will do just fine. It does not matter one bit if it is a BS or BA. Actually, an aviation degree will really not do anything to help further your career. I know it sounds crazy, but the airlines just want to see a degree, the field of study does not really matter. I would find something that interests you and get the degree in that, then study aviation after college.

Chris

1 Like

Chris,

Thank you.