Carlsbad (CRQ)

Hey guys, is there anyone in this entire forum that is currently at Carlsbad, or graduated from there not too long ago? A quick search and all I get is 2017 - 2018 info and a lot has changed since! This will be the location I’ll be attending. Have my admissions flight August 24. Can’t wait!

David,

It seems that we might not have any Carlsbad on here right now. Please keep in mind though that even a recent graduate will have a difference experience than you will. Instructors move on to the airlines, new airplanes are received and the course itself is updated and improved. Furthermore, a student’s experience at any location should be very similar to a Carlsbad experience, the program is the same across country.

I am glad that you have your Admissions flight scheduled, make sure to ask plenty of questions and let us know how it goes!

Chris

1 Like

David,

I did my discovery flight at the CRQ location back in 2019. We had a beautiful flight down the La Jolla coast to downtown over the bay and back. I fell in love with the beauty of flying that day. I hope you have a similar experience.

As for the location, I’m sure much has changed since then. However, it is really easy to access. They had a lot of great open space for students to study and for grounds sessions, 2 sims and about 6-8 Cessna 172s. There is also a great restaurant right at the terminal. :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes!

Hannah

1 Like