CFI academy extra cost?

I did orientation for CFI academy this morning and received the housing/travel request form soon after.

I started filling it out and saw there’s a note that says there is an extra cost for going to CFI academy in PHX.

Has anyone experienced this and can weigh in or clarify the situation for me?

I thought all CFI academy housing and travel expenses were covered in my program fees?

If I elect to cover my own travel and housing, will I get some kind of credit back from ATP?

Or am I stuck paying extra out of pocket unexpectedly either way??

2 Likes

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum!

There may be some confusion here. Your CFI academy housing and transportation are covered. The form was referencing checkride fees, as those are variable and sometimes run a bit higher in Phoenix. If you have any questions about if that impacts the financing side of things, you can contact Kirk in finance at 904-595-7946.

If you have any additional questions about ATP CFI Academy, feel free to email them at cfi-academy@allatps.com.

Addison

2 Likes

Matt,

Checkride fees vary greatly from state to state and examiner to examiner. As Addision explained, that should be the only cost difference for CFi academy since all examiner fees are paid out of pocket.

Hannah

1 Like

Matt,

I have to say I think it’s bad form you immediately coming on this forum after reading (and misunderstanding) information on a forum and then assuming/implying ATP is trying to squeeze some extra out of you. You’re up to the CFI phase and at this point should know that’s not how they work.

Next time why not ask you TC Mgr or admin?

Adam

1 Like