Conroe Location and commuting

Hello all,

I was wondering what the Conroe location in Houston is like? Does the Texas summer weather cause a slowdown in training?

It would be about an hour commute, is that too much? Is it a high probability of burnout?

I could attend in Mesa (IWA) but that would require relocating which isn’t a problem but I do have everything here, and a place to stay with family.

Michael

Michael,

All locations can be affected by regional weather and there’s no way to predict it so I really wouldn’t make that an issue.

The hour commute however is a bit of a bear. Definitely not doable but 2hrs a day will surely cut into your rest and study time. If you can do another location with less of a commute I’d recommend that.

Adam

1 Like

Where are you calculating the hour from? I live in Houston and if you have family in let’s say pearland that you plan to stay with and saw that it’s only an hour commute to get to Conroe, after you factor in traffic it’s realistically closer to 2.5 hours during rush hour

1 Like

Out west around Katy. It’s Grand Parkway all the way up so rush hour doesn’t add much but a few minutes onto it since it’s toll

1 Like

Michael,

I am a person who does not mind driving, I routinely drive an hour or more each way for various reasons, it is just part of living in the country. That being said, I think you are right on the cusp of what would be too much driving while in the program. That is valuable time that could be spend studying, relaxing or sleeping. I would say try it, but have a backup plan ready of moving near to the location if it ends up being too much.

Chris

Michael,

I commuted about an hour and fifty minutes each way while I was in the program. It is doable but it does get old pretty quickly. Like others mentioned, it does also eat into your study and rest time (family time as well for me). Some people hate driving so for them a commute like this would be a no go. I actually enjoy the open road (luckily very little traffic), and listening to educational aviation podcasts on the way to school of course! :wink: Keep in mind that you don’t need to be there every day. I probably averaged 3 to 4 days a week, depending on weather and other stuff. Anyways, just thought I’d let you know that it is definitely possible to have a long commute.

Sam