Current hours

Good evening everyone. To those who are currently airline/cargo pilots, I was wondering if you all were willing to share how many hours you currently have? I’m not sure if that’s something to be discussed or not but I was just curious. Also wanted to say thank you to you all for the wealth of information on this blog! It has helped me tremendously as I navigate though the tough life decisions that go along with flight training. Happy flying to you all! Stay healthy and safe:)

Marcus

Marcus,

I’m a Captain at a Regional and I have 3600+ hours. I was hired in 2017 with 1500. That averages out to about 700 hours a year at my regional. The max is 1000 a year.

Tory

1 Like

Marcus,

To be honest I’m sadly not 100% sure. I had always intended to keep logging my flight time but at some point I got lazy and stopped a couple of years ago. I know I’m over 10,000 but not sure by how much?

This current lull would actually be a good opportunity for me to catch up. Maybe I will?

Adam

1 Like

I have about 13,000 hours. My largest chunk of time is 6,000 hours in the 737, followed by 3,700 hours in the 757, 1,300 in the EMB 145 and 1,100 in the Airbus 320.

Chris

1 Like

Pilots

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you all are happy in your respective positions. I hope to be where you all are soon:) happy flying and thanks again for all the knowledge and tips!

Marcus

Marcus,

Anytime, let us know how else we can help you.

Chris

1 Like

Not that it matters but I just counted my most recent page and I have 250 exactly :joy:

3 Likes

Hey,

We all once had 250 hours. Just keep plugging away at them, you will get there.

Chris

1 Like

Joshua

I only have 11.5 :joy:

2 Likes

As Chris said we all start somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m actually content with 250 because I feel super confident in the single engine :joy:

1 Like