Currently have a Commercial Multi Engine Pilot License with 600 hours

Are there any airlines that will pay for me to acquire the additional hours I need for ATP license?
Im around 600 hours.

Dana,

Not that I am aware of, but you should be able to find a job with your experience level. That’s how most pilots build their time towards their ATP.

Tory

Dana,

No and that’s with good reason. The 1500hrs isn’t just a box to check. Flying for an airline is a huge responsibility and the airlines want well trained and experienced pilots who have honed their skills instructing (or other flying jobs) and are capable of passing newhire training. It’s not just the quantity but the quality of the hours that’s important.

Adam

Dana,

The closest thing to paying for your hours would be various tuition reimbursement programs. Instead of the airline paying for your hours, you get paid by the hour up to a certain amount towards the cost of your flight training loan in return for your commitment to attend a class date upon reaching 1500 hours.

Most of these tuition reimbursement programs are through ATP, however, benefits for pilots are improving everyday. I’d research a bit on your own and see what’s out there with various employers in terms of their programs with regional carriers.

Hannah