Degree Choice

Hello,

I do plan to get an associates degree now, and plan to finish my degree online some time down the road. However I am wondering what degree would be good to pursue? I realize that no airlines care what degree you have, but surely the studies of a certain degree can help me in flight school, yes?

Adam

Adam,

We use high school level math.

AS degrees don’t go far in any field. A BA/S in STEM or Business give a lot of options. Most social science degrees need a Masters to get to hight pay brackets in those fields.

The choice is really yours. I’d lean towards a degree you like and will get a high GPA in.

Chris F

Adam,

Study something you enjoy and will excel at. The airlines will be far more impressed by a high GPA than any particular field of study.

Adam

Adam,

Just adding my two cents, something you enjoy and something that gives you a lot of job options if needed! Computer science, business, economics, etc.

Hannah

Adam,

Check out this link:

Chris

Adam,

Find something that you will enjoy studying, there’s a saying that if you find yourself doing something you’re interested in, you will well. Find something that you could fall back on if something flying related took a hit for a period of time. I have a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, nothing aviation related, but gives me a fallback plan if something flying related fell through.

The world is yours, the options are endless, find something you will enjoy doing if something happens.

Brady