Delta Employee/Student Pilot

I’m a Delta Air Lines employee working on the ramp at MSP with an end goal/dream of making it to a Delta flight deck. I’m 32 years old with a bachelors degree working on my instrument rating at a part 61 school in Minneapolis. My original goal was to apply for the Delta Propel/Propel Advance program when eligible. With the uncertainties associated with these types of programs, what would be your suggestion to most efficiently reach my goal? The main reason for my current employment at Delta is the Propel program. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

1 Like

David,

I think that working through the Delta Propel program is a great idea. You have a guaranteed path to Delta when hiring resumes.

As for the most efficient way to reach your goal, I would look at flight schools that specialize in accelerated training. Larger schools are usually able to accommodate more students and do so in a more efficient manner. All of the mentors on this website went to ATP and were pleased with their program, which is part of why we are here. ATP is part of the Propel program. https://atpflightschool.com/airlines/delta-air-lines-propel-pilot-program.html

Look around and check out the FAQ section for a post titled: “Questions for Any Prospective Flight School” that will help guide you in finding the school that is best for you.

Chris

1 Like