Deposit and Start Date Questions

Hi, my name is Evan Jones and I plan on attending ATP Nashville in the beginning of June. But, in order to make that date, I have to lose the weight to get to 250 pounds. I also need to start studying for the written tests. If I were to place my deposit down and get my start date, but not be able to make that start date, am I allowed to change the start date? Thanks!

Evan,

You’ll need to be at or under 250lbs prior to reserving a class date. Moreover, the $995 admissions deposit is class date specific, so any changes to that date would require a new deposit.

Addison

1 Like

Addison, thank you so much! Do you think I should buy what I need out of pocket? I’m pretty sure I heard somewhere that I will be refunded if I pay for the course but I’m probably wrong.

Evan,

You can include $1,600 into the loan for training materials. You can go ahead and purchase those materials out of pocket now, and then use the loan as reimbursement to yourself once you start training.

Addison

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!!

Evan,

I honestly would not purchase any training materials until you are qualified to enter the program. Once you do meet the weight requirements, you should have sufficient time to study for the program before your start date. You might find that you need to use that $1,600 for other materials for the program. If you wait to start training until you secure a start date, you will be provided with all of the training material you need at that point.

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris, thanks for the advice! I have a question though. Just say I meet the weight requirements June 1st. If I put my deposit down on that day and reserved my start date, do you know about how long it would be until the earliest start date available? Or should I make the start date a month away so I have time to get a couple of the writtens done? I’d also use that month to work and save money. I’m 18 and have time to comfortably get the writtens done then start at atp. But, what do you think?

Evan,
I would reach out to the admissions department for class date availability at your specific location. I’m sure they can work with you to figure out the most efficient timeline. Also, no need to delay your start date to get writtens done. The program has the tests incorporated in the schedule. We just recommend getting ahead start if you can. You’ve been waiting some time to start, no need to put it off any longer. Besides, you could start on your PAR now. Those written exams are valid for 24 months.
-Hannah

1 Like

Hannah, would you recommend me using King Schools to start studying for the PAR? It is $279. Is there a less expensive option that could get me just as prepared as King Schools? I am completely fine with getting the King Schools one, but just want a professional opinion before I pull the plug, haha, thank you!

Evan,

Sportys has the Study Buddy PAR prep for the low low price of FREE! I know a number of pilots who have used it and been successful. Check it out. As I said it’s free.

Adam

1 Like

Evan,

Classes typically begin on a Monday, but like Chris said Admin will have the most up to date information on next available.

I second the Sporty’s Study Buddy recommendation. The last time I checked, Sporty’s offered two versions of the PAR test prep. One is free and the other is not. The free version really is all you need for the PAR.

Tory

1 Like

I will most likely do the sportys for the PAR and go from there. Thank you guys so much!!

1 Like

Yeah don’t spend your money on king school! The free apps are plenty to get you ready for the written exam. Once you set a start date you’ll get the king schools private ground school course access.
-Hannah

1 Like