Difference between E190 and 737

As an interesting tie together to all the coffee and spill related chat. Apparently A350’s have cupholders that were too small and pilots were putting their coffee on the center console (with predictable results). What’s most interesting is that instead of making bigger cupholders or perhaps contracting out for special sized coffee tumblers, Airbus chose to make the console more spill resistant…

Fun distraction but back to studying and practicing for my checkride in my 172 (with no cupholders)

Interesting….you’d think fixing the cuphokders would be a much simpler and cheaper fix. Thanks for the read Alex! Good luck with your studying!

-Hannah

You’re all missing the actual agenda. Sure Airbus could simply, easily and cheaply replace the cupholders BUT by making this a large and expensive fix they further their (again please don’t forget the French accent) “Sa-cre’ Blue! Stupide pilots! You cannot even be trusted with a beverage! We must totally redesign everything thing in the cockpit to be child-safe! We’d be better off if you all just stayed home!” and the next thing you know, we have T-900s speaking French in the cockpit! :wink:

Adam

I always thought that Airbus 320 had surprisingly small cup holders. On the other hand, some of the 737 cup holders are so large that they seemingly swallow the cups.

Chris