Discovery Flight qestion

So, this might be a silly question but I’m going to ask it any way lol. For the Discovery flight I assume that a headset would most likely be available if needed. Would it be better to bring your own if you already have one? My though is it would so that you can start getting the feel for it vice using one provided that might be better or worse.

Russell,

If you’ve got one bring it, if you don’t no worries. Personally I use my own me because of hygiene than anything else.

Regardless it’s not something I would be concerned about.

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

That’s kinda what I was thinking. I’m not skeeved out by things like that, but would use my own if possible. Planning on getting my discovery flight for later this month.

Russ.

Russell,

Again not a problem and not a stupid question.

What I am slightly concerned about is you even worrying in the least about this. You may have read me rant about the single biggest mistake aspiring pilots make and that’s getting worked up for your Discovery flight. It’s simply an opportunity for you to meet ATP and the training environment you’ll be spending all your QT in for the next 7mos.

What it IS NOT is an interview nor is it a gateway that must be conquered for you to become an airline pilot. It is not a checkride and your instructor does not expect you to know anything, have any skills etc etc etc. YOU ARE NOT A PILOT (yet), and thinking you have something to prove or trying to impress anyone again is a mistake. High expectations = stress = anxiety, air sickness, fear etc etc etc.

Relax, listen, follow direction, enjoy the view and the experience and you’ll do well. Show up wearing your Maverick leather bomber and RayBans and you will not. Cool?

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

I did read that particular rant on the subject. Luckily I don’t own any RayBans or a leather bomber lol. For me the discovery flight is just that, discovering. Not expecting anything just enjoying the experience and, as you said, ‘meeting ATP and the training environment’. This is an introduction to a vast new world and I am excited, but not overly so, to experience it.

Russ

Perfect! Carry on…

Adam

2 Likes

Russ,

Let us know how it goes!!

Hannah

1 Like

Russ,

Enjoy your Discovery Flight! Please let us know how it goes, just remember be open-minded and have fun.

Brady

1 Like

Brady,

I’ll keep everyone informed. I’ll be surprised if I don’t spend the whole time smiling like the Cheshire cat lol.

Russ