Does Delta accept online college?

Hi,

I heard from a senior Delta captain that the applicants must finish their bachelors degree on campus instead of online. Delta mostly hires people the who has a bachelors degree completed on campus instead of online because they view it low. Anyone here fly for Delta with online college or anyone here knows someone who fly for Delta with online college?

Thank you

Hamza,

I do not have any first hand knowledge of Delta’s hiring practices in regards to online degrees. I know that United does not have a preference for one type over the other, but I am not sure about Delta. I personally feel that there is a lot more value to an in-person degree, but that is just my opinion.

Chris

1 Like

Thank you Chris. But I think it will take a lot of time because 4 years of bachelors, then to flight school for 2 years and then fly for regional. Honestly I agree with you that in-person degree has more value. I personally like taking classes on campus than online. But for flying, I was thinking about finishing 3-4 quarters at university and then join ATP. Once I’m hired after 2 years, I can finish the rest online. But lets see how it goes. Thanks again.

Hamza,

I know for a fact Delta will hire you with an online degree provided it’s from a reputable, accredited school and not Bob’s University of Auto Mechanics and Pilot Training.

Adam

2 Likes

Adam,

So if I complete my bachelors online from University of Washington which is the best university in the state and I am transferring there in Fall 2020, will that count?

I would say yes.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you Adam. I appreciate your help.