EASA or FAA PPL?

Hello. I am currently live in USA and I want too get a PPL however in 6 month I am moving to Europe and planning to stay there. Would you recommend for me to get ppl in the USA and transfer it later or get it In Europe? Also if you can describe a process of switching and how much that would be I will be very grateful. Thank you

Anna,

If you be in Europe in 6 mos, and are planning are staying there, I’d just wait. From what I understand the conversion can be a bit of a pain. The flight hour and ground school requirements are much higher than the FAA requires and there’s ALOT of paperwork (depending on the country as is varies).

If you’re itching to fly I’d maybe just start taking lessons in here. Unless you’re flying full-time chances are you won’t earn your PPL in 6 mos but you can have the hours validated and simply continue your training there.

Adam

Anna,

Flight time is flight time. If you want to start training now (but not take your checkride) your hours will always stay with you. Then, you can finish your training in Europe. That would be the more expensive route. The other option is to just wait to begin until you are there.

Tory

thank you very much!

thank you very much!

Anna,

If your goal is to live and work in Europe, I would recommend that. you do all of your flight training there. The certification standards in Europe are very different than they are in the US, so it would make sense to complete all of your training on that side of the water. Keep in mind that it can be very difficult to obtain the necessary work permits in Europe if you are not an EU citizen.

Chris

Chris

Thank you very much, Chris!

Anna,

Anytime, let us know how else we can help you.

Chris