Envoy experience

Hey! I have no college experience but I have airline experience at Envoy and I have several years of experience at one job (although that job was not in aviation). I sent my resume to a woman named Addison and I am awaiting a response from admissions. I am admittedly getting a little antsy as to whether or not they’ll accept me as a student there. Do you know if the process is that lengthy that they need a couple weeks to make a solid decision?

Thanks in advance!

Danielle

Danielle,

They can sometimes take a little time but I’d give them a call. Can’t hurt to follow up.

Adam

1 Like

Danielle,

I would call and see what the status of your application is. Have you taken the Admissions Flight yet?

Chris

1 Like

Thank you for the responses. Chris, is that the same as the discovery flight?

Danielle,

The terms are sometimes used interchangeably, but yes, it is the same thing. To clarify though, if you took a discovery flight with another flight school, you will still need to take an admissions flight with ATP prior to entering the program.

Chris

Oh okay interesting. So I would want to save myself the cost of the admissions flight until I know if I have the necessary qualifications to even be admitted into school

Unless you’ve never been up in a small plane. If the answer is no all of this is really pointless. While it doesn’t happen that often, there are people who jump through all the hoops, get their medical, arrange financing only to find they absolutely hate flying in small GA aircraft. Everyone assumes well I love sitting in back, surely I’ll live sitting upfront. I assure you they’re two completely different experiences and I would spend another minute thinking about it until you’ve been up.

Adam

1 Like