Expelled

I’m a freshman and hoping to become an airline pilot in the near future. Recently I’ve been temporarily expelled from my school for the last 2 months of this school year for making a bomb joke on social media. I regret it and meant nothing by it, I will never hurt anyone, I get good grades and never had any school issues prior to this. Is it possible for airlines to still hire me in the future

Jason,

Provided this is your only issue (and you make certain there are no repeat performances) you should be fine.

I actually know a senior Capt who was expelled from the Airforce Academy for a similar act of foolishness soooo…

Adam

1 Like

Cohen,

Freshman in high school or college?

Chris

1 Like

High school

Thank you for the help! I was just worried I won’t be able to become a pilot since it’s been a goal I’m hoping to reach, glad to know there’s still a chance.

If you know you want to be a pilot, you need to make decisions from now on with that in mind. One run in with the law or a drug or alcohol offense could be the difference in an airline career or not. Luckily, this first offense was in a more forgiving environment. Learn from it, and clean up your act. Start acting like a responsible adult that could one day be responsible for million dollar jets and the lives of passengers.

Hannah

Cohen,

You need to learn very quickly that there are no “jokes” like that in the real world, particularly aviation. Clean up your act moving forward and you should be fine.

Chris