First class medical mistakes

Good afternoon all,

I have a first class medical currently, however I realized later than sooner that they changed up my hair color on the certificate (blond instead of brown). They also have my name as Bryce A Hess instead of Bryce Allen Hess (to match my passport). Since then I have reached out to the office many times and they keep saying they will solve the issue for me without extra costs. Well here I am, moving to Michigan for school and the doctor hasn’t fulfilled my requests. Does anyone have any insight on if a doctor would see a first class medical and be able to adjust these simple accidents then sign off? I understand that it’s my fault for not catching it earlier, however I tried my best for a few weeks to get answers and came up short. Just curious if anyone else ran into this. Trying to avoid the extra costs by seeing another doc for something I’ve already done. Thanks for the time and considerations!

Respectfully,
Bryce

Bryce,

If you’re not getting through or corrections made with your AME, I would contact either the Regional Flight Surgeon’s office or Oklahoma City. I’m not sure about the hair color being an issue, I would suspect many get hair highlights or dye it from time to time. The middle name can be solved in multiple ways when contacting FSDO, Regional Flight Surgeons or OKC; I believe official document proof that you are who you say you are and showing your full name. You will want to follow up with the trained personnel in that field.

Brady

1 Like

Thanks Brady, I’ll get to work on that ASAP.

In case anyone else runs into this, I made a quick phone call and they updated my medical, sent it to the new address and requested that I send the old one back. It’s a very simple process and worth the 5 minute wait instead of contacting your AME (if they’re a hassle). With that being said, I also wouldn’t make it a habit to not review everything before you step out the door. We all make mistakes, it’s just how you learn from them.

Bryce,

Glad to hear you got that fixed relatively hassle free! Did you end up calling the regional flight surgeon or the Oklahoma City office?

Hannah

Bryce,

Nice work! I’m going to assume you may have contacted the Regional Flight Surgeon because of the wait time? Anyways, seems like it worked out for you and you’re on your way to acting as PIC.

Brady

I called OKC originally and they gave me the number to the Great Lakes regional area who then helped me out within 15 minutes or so.

Okay glad to hear the feedback. It will help guide others with similar issues in the future!

Hannah