First day for a cocky pilot

Thanks Adam!

Yeah getting knocked back a couple times mentally definitely helped me out :sweat_smile:

I’ll make sure to keep in touch here for anyone that needs help!

Dominic,

Congratulations on finishing the program and on landing an instructing job with ATP. Thank you for the update as well, please keep in touch as you go through your career.

Chris

Congrats Dominic. Your post here inspired me to get logged in and create an account. I loved your humility and the vulnerability with sharing your experiences as a new pilot. I am considering a career change and am also in Denver. I may see you around sometime!

Dominic,

Congratulations on completing the program! I think landing a job with ATP is one of the best parts of ATP along side of holding all your certificates at the end. Please keep us posted as you journey through your instructing career and work towards your dream. :slight_smile:

Brady

Dominic,

Congratulations on completing the program! As a pilot, we always strive for perfection but you’ll find we’ll never quite achieve that. Just stay humble, and keep that as the goal and you’ll continue to do well! Keep us updated on Indoc and your first few flights of dual given time!

Hannah

Chris, Brady, Hannah,

Thank you all! I can’t wait to be on the other side of the curtain so to speak. Especially if I can help others like I’ve been helped throughout the program. Indoc should be fun and I’ll let you all know what happens!

1 Like

Chad,

I’m glad I could help a bit! I definitely came into the program with the wrong mindset to complete it. I wanted to rush, figured it would be easy with no real effort (at least not the amount of effort I found out it actually takes), and strived for perfection. As Hannah said, we strive for that even if we can’t always achieve it.

ATP helped me a lot to achieve realistic expectations within a realistic timeline with honest effort. As you saw before, my mindset wasn’t the best when I initially started :sweat_smile:. Being in Denver though was actually hugely beneficial to my training.

I also want to point out that I trained out of KBJC, but spent some time at KAPA where I’ll now be instructing, and literally every single instructor I went to with questions was willing and happy to help me gain a better understanding of whatever it was that I couldn’t quite get. I was also able to experience almost every kind of weather that we will be flying in while at ATP. If you are still on the fence, I’d be happy to answer any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you around the airports!

2 Likes

Finished indoc! I start at APA this coming Wednesday. Looks like I already have a student so I’ll be hitting the ground running

3 Likes

Dominic,

Congratulations, that is exciting news. FYI, I was very nervous with my first few students. It is totally normal to feel that way and helps keep you on your toes.

What is your total flight time as of now?

Chris

1 Like

Thanks Chris! Working on the acceptance that I had never flown a plane 10 months ago and now I’ll be instructing others. I figure as long as I always try to do what’s best for my students, I can’t go wrong.

I’m currently at about 255 hours so still fresh into it all