First solo at KMKC!

It took a little longer than expected due to weather but I had My first solo flight yesterday and to my surprise it was my best flight since I’ve arrived at ATP! My instructor says its because he wasn’t in the plane to tell me how to do anything and that made sense to me. I had to sink or swim and after the Jitters were gone and checklists were THOUROUGHLY ran through, all that was left, was doing what I have been preparing for this entire time. Flying. Thank you to everyone here for answering any questions I had along the way. (I’m sure I’m far from done asking) also Here’s a picture from KMKC with N228UV

7 Likes

Congrats! It’s a surreal and peaceful feeling, at least it was for me. I’ve never seen an Archer at our TC with two letters at the end of the tail number. You must have special ones that don’t make it to us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I should have made note when I was doing my introductory flight cause I might have been in that plane! Congrats on your first solo and I’m hoping to be at ATP at KMKC sometime next year.

Congrats on your first solo and maybe see you around.

1 Like

Alex,

Awesome work, congratulations! That is a slick looking paint job on that airplane.

Thank you for posting that picture. Keep asking us those questions and congratulations again!

Chris

1 Like

Hope to see you soon Raffaele!

Thanks Chris! And will do!

You should hit up the opposite side of the field one day and go by Signature Flight Support. They have a TWA Museum there. If they happen to be open (were closed both times I was there last week) and you take and post some photos here, you’ll earn special points with Chris. :grin:

1 Like

I’m not sure of my start date yet I’m still probably several months out and the programs so fast you may be gone! Maybe if you CFI there though!!

1 Like

Alex,

Congrats on the solo! There is nothing quite like that first lap in the pattern all on your own. The silence can be deafening but like someone mentioned, can be truly peaceful. Next up, solo XC! That’s a real confidence builder. Keep us updated!

Hannah

1 Like

Alex,

Congratulations on the solo achievement in your flying career! Continue with that drive and passion. You will never forget these moments.

Best of luck finishing up your solo and solo XC’s, during the bad weather days be sure to hit the books good and prepare for the checkride.

Brady

1 Like

Congrats Alex! That’s super exciting! I start at KMKC in 2 weeks so I won’t be too far behind you.

2 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like