First Week(s) Experience!

Hello! Thought id include my first week experience for those anxiously reading this forum like I was before my start date. Im actually in week three now though so cheating a little.

It was so much fun! I didn’t know what to expect coming in and that really scared me, but the first day even took so much weight off my shoulders. Yes, it is like drinking water out of a firehose and everybody will tell you that, but it is nothing you cant handle!! Plus, Everybody in the training center is so willing to help explain anything you need whenever something is hard to understand and that really helps. I learned more than I thought I could in a week. Im in the TOLs (Takeoff and Landing) phase now and even looking back two weeks ago I feel like I have grown in every aspect. ATP really sets you up with anything you could need to get through this, and its laid out for you so well. Weather has been delaying everybody a bit, but that just gives more time for studying hahah.

When it comes to the PAR, try to take it before. I do think doing that would’ve been beneficial. Don’t worry though if you cant, it is totally manageable to do during the program and honestly its really helpful to be able to ask your instructor or other students for help understanding questions.

Biggest advice: have a positive mindset going into this to where you see even a rough landing as just another chance to improve. talk to everybody at your center!!! Ive learned tips from people around that have helped me more than things I have read in books (and they are just cool people). Also, celebrate small victories!!

Hoping for many more positive updates on here soon :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Corrine,

Great first write up. A good attitude will take you far in this industry! Sounds like you’re settling in nicely.

Keep us posted!

Adam

Corinne,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad things are going well for you. Let us know when you get that solo flight in!

Chris

Corinne,

Nice write up of your first week at ATP! I love the attitude of “talk to everybody at your center” because that is so important in growing as a pilot.

Please keep us posted and as always, pictures of first solos are always welcomed :slight_smile:

Brady

Corinne,

Thanks for the awesome report! Glad to hear things are going so well for you. I too love your outgoing attitude in the training center! Passion and positivity is contagious. When others see you hanging around, hopping in grounds session, studying, preparing for your flights that motivates others to do the same. Then as a group, you have shared experience of doing all the right things together. Positive peer pressure :slight_smile:

Hannah

3 Likes

Thank you for the reassurance, Corinne! I start on Monday and have been a bit anxious, simply because I’m not sure exactly how it will go. I knocked out the PAR, IRA and FII exams, so that feels good.

Please continue posting updates, because I’m not that far behind what you’re experiencing (:crossed_fingers:). “Study hard and fly safely!”

FIRST SOLO UPDATE :slight_smile:

I got to solo yesterday in “Career Track 200” and I could not be happier! I felt so well prepared by my instructor and feel so proud of my growth since I even made my initial post on here. Nothing beats that feeling when hard work pays off and you’re actually up there all alone.

We have had a few stretches of bad weather days pushing my solo back a little bit, but luckily those just become extra days to study with friends around the training center. Ive gotten so lucky with having such an amazing and supportive location (KEFD). Everybody is like a big family and I had so many people cheering me on when I got out of the plane. Truly so thankful for everybody at my location, cant say enough positive things about them.

Thanks again to all the mentors on here for always being so helpful, you really helped answer any questions and calm my nerves before I joined ATP. Heres to this checkride coming up sooner than I think!!

Heres the obligatory first solo pic, before I got the water bucket and shirt cutting traditions done :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very cool Corrine!

Great job and nice writeup.

Keep up the great work!

Adam

Corinne,

Congratulations on your first Solo! :tada: What a cool callsign to have on your first solo.

We were bound to hear back from you, and we finally did with wonderful news. Please keep us posted as you continue through your journey. We do love solo pics! :slight_smile:

Brady

Corinne,

Congratulations! What an exciting update and thank you for the picture. Looks like you had a beautiful day for it.

Chris

Congrats Corinne!

Glad the hear the solo went well and very happy to hear that everyone at the training center was there to congratulate you! It is a big moment in your career that you’ll be able to look back at and appreciate. Keep your positive attitude throughout the rest of training and you will continue to succeed!

Roscoe

Corinne,

Congratulations! Solo day is a day you never will forget. One that builds your confidence and helps you step in to that role as a PIC.

The water bucket tradition is a new one since I went though the program! Must be that warm Houston weather! Enjoy it :slight_smile:

It’s a busy week or two from now until your checkride, best of luck! Let us know how it goes when you can!

Hannah

1 Like

Another good reason to start the right time of year. Wouldn’t want that bucket outside if summer here! Congrats