First week

Bill here. First week has been completed. 6 cold days, with multiple days below 15 degrees. Preflighting is fun! Lol. Just remember a hat and gloves! (I didn’t on day 1!) Oops! Maneuvers…fun times. TOLs. Only thing I can say is keep the descent in…I enjoy reading these topics and cannot wait to continue my training!

8 Likes

Bill,

Sounds like you’re having fun (the cold will pass).

Keep us posted.

Adam

1 Like

Bill,

I remember during my training it got too cold that he had to take the extra containers of oil inside to warm them up before we could service the airplanes as the oil was as thick as molasses.

Thank you for the update, keep them coming.

Chris

2 Likes

Bill,
Glad to hear things are going well! I’m sure you’re thankful for the heat once that prop starts spinning!
Please continue to keep us updated.
-Hannah

1 Like

where are you training at?

Morristown NJ. KMMU.

1 Like

Bill,

Glad to hear your first week at Morristown was eventful! I am only right down the road at Trenton, it’s been cold and rainy/snowy down here too. Hat and gloves are a must during this time of the year.

Brady

Well week 1 got me 7 days of flights. Week 2 the weather hasn’t been kind! Snow Monday and Thursday, and winds too high on Tuesday! But its part of the game! Look forward to possibly running in to you Brady!

2 Likes

Well. 4 weeks complete. Solo evaluation Sunday, 2/6 at 0700. Holy cow! This is fast! Here goes nothing!

Time flies! :slight_smile: good luck! Let us know how it goes!
-Hannah

William,

First solo don’t forget to wear your ATP Solo T-Shirt! Look forward to hearing about your first Solo flight! :small_airplane:

Brady

William,

Nice and early, usually the best time of the day to fly. Let us know how it goes.

Chris

Good luck, Will!

Indeed, it is fast, but you’ve been taught everything that you need to know up to this point. Just focus on what you need to do and you’ll be fine.

Tory

Solo evaluation passed. First solo completed. What a beautiful Sunday!

6 Likes

Kudos William! Huge first step. You should be stoked! Keep up the great work.

Adam

1 Like

Awesome! We love to see that! Congrats!! Such a big day you won’t soon forget.
-Hannah

1 Like

William,

Awesome work, congratulations!!! I will never forget my first solo, it was mildly terrifying.

Thank you for the update.

Chris

1 Like

William,

Congrats on the big accomplish! What a beautiful Sunday it is, enjoy the next few solos and take in every moment.

Brady

1 Like

Fantastic update, Will! Congrats!

Tory

1 Like

Update:

Private pilot checkride passed! Now on to instrument!!

2 Likes