First week

Congrats William! You’re a pilot! Woohoo!

Adam

1 Like

William,

Congratulations! You are an official pilot now! Now onto the really fun stuff :slight_smile:

Thank you for the update.

Chris

1 Like

Congrats William! Seems just like yesterday you posted your solo picture.

Enjoy your Instrument training, it goes by quick.

Brady

1 Like

Congratulations William!! There is nothing quite like the post check ride feeling with the fresh certificate in your hand. Hours of hard work paid off sir. Now on to instrument!
-Hannah

1 Like

Here we are on June 5th with an update. Its been just over two months since I passed my private checkride. Today, after 4 cancellations of my instrument checkride…weather, DPE that caught COVID, weather again, and then the checkride before having a maintenance issue with the plane, I finally took and passed my instrument checkride! Oral was spectacular, flight could have been better but was well within tolerances. (Thermals were alive and kicking, sending my airplane places i was not expecting!) With instrument complete, its now off to Crew and preparing for commercial!

3 Likes

Woohoo! Nice job William! IR is a big one! Now it’s time for some fun flying Crew.

Keep up the good work!

Adam

Way to pull through, William!

Tory

Nice work, congratulations! I have always felt that was the most difficult checkride, so it is good to have it behind you. Enjoy Crew, it is by far the most relaxed and enjoyable part of the program. Thank you for the update and be careful out there!

Chris

William,

Congratulations on the IR Add-On!

Crew is a great time to utilize all your skills and knowledge that you have founded into real-life scenarios with another student. It is awesome to see a pair of crew students come through the training center and share their experience whether it was their intended destination or had to divert due to weather. Enjoy your Crew experience!

Brady

Well, of all the crazy things that could happen, I got paired with a student from Trenton and got to run into the famous Brady! It was a pleasure to meet you this morning! Thanks for the kind words!

8 Likes

That is awesome, I am glad you two got to meet. Like I always say: “See, we actually are real people!”

Thanks for the picture.

Chris

3 Likes

William,

Was a pleasure to have you at Trenton and to meet you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your crew experience!

Stay in touch, I’m excited to see where you’re going in your adventures.

Brady

1 Like

Very cool!! “It’s a small world after all.”

Hannah

2 Likes

Another small world experience! While conducting a Crew Evaluation flight, look at the crew (@Wpinkerton) I came across. We all got the crew car at AvFlight and went to grab lunch at Steak 'n Shake in Akron, Ohio.

It’s always a pleasure to meet with students and alumni, especially over lunch and share all our experiences.

Brady

6 Likes

Very cool, looks like a decent lunch.

1 Like

Quick update. Commercial checkride….passed! What an amazing feeling! Holy updrafts and downdrafts as I was trying to land my power-off 180 but somehow smoothly landed in the middle of the point!

Now its off to Com-multi before heading to CFI in August. This is getting real!

4 Likes

William,

Congratulations again on passing your Commercial Checkride! :tada:

Keep up the nice work as you power through Multi-Engine Add-On and then get into CFI Academy. Continue to talk through everything (maneuver, flows, etc.) you’re doing in the airplane so that when you get to CFI it becomes second-nature.

Brady

1 Like

Congrats William! You can now officially get paid to fly! Keep up the great work!

Adam

William,

Congratulations and welcome to being a professional pilot! Thank you for the update, keep them coming.

Chris

William,

Congrats!! Enjoy comm multi. It’s a really fun phase.

Hannah