Flight Hours

Hi… i would just like to know how other pilots are able to attain their flight hours to get a job. I know that you probably will leave college or flight school with about 300 so hours and most pilot jobs require a minimum of 500 to 1500 hours. Thanks

Ivan,

The vast majority of pilots build their time flight instructing. There are other gigs available for low-time pilots (banner tow, traffic watch, light cargo, small commuter, etc) but these can often be difficult to find depending on someone’s location. One of the advantages of ATP is that they offer their graduates a guaranteed instructor position.

Adam

Ivan,

The typical route is flight instructing. Some pilots do chose to do other things, such as banner towing, traffic watch, flying jumpers, etc, but most flight instruct.

Chris

1 Like

Am Alex Chindambo from Zambia and am 23yeasr old, so I just wanted to find out how long does it take for someone to complete the training of a commercial pilot and like you who know some good and affordable pilots training institutions, which institution would you encourage me to go and study from?

Alex,

We are only familiar with flight schools here in the US. I recommend you do some Googling in Zambia for schools and pilot training in your area.

Adam

1 Like

How many years does it take for someone to complete the training of commercial pilot

Alex,

At ATP you can complete all your training in 9 mos (https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/)

Adam

1 Like