Flight school financing

So I’m completely new to the aviation scene. I have been doing thorough research on pretty much anything and everything to gain a grasp of aviation as a whole. The first step would be to find funding obviously. I can NOT get a co signer. What are some of my options? Any input on personal experiences would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mikall,

Many people do get approved without a co-signer. Contact Kirk in ATP admissions and speak to him as he is the expert on all such things.

Chris

Well for me, I started off with the idea of paying as I go so I can come out of flight training debt free but 10 months later after receiving my PPL I quickly realized that my grand idea was going to take me while so I decided to bite the bullet and get a loan. At the time I was 18 with no credit (which is pretty much like having bad credit) and I applied for a loan with my dad as a cosigner. Well I got denied even with a cosigner and ultimately had to wait a year. After that year, I applied to Wells Fargo and successfully got a loan. That was my experience and even though it sucked to have to sit on the ground while my friends are blasting through their training, for me it was the best thing that could’ve happened to me because 1) I wasn’t even close to mature enough to start training which showed in my PPL training and 2) I was able to knockout the bulk of my college degree and I’ll be graduating next semester. As for what options you have, I’d do as Chris instructed and talk to an expert about this because there are so many factors that go into this topic. Sorry for the lengthy post but was just telling my personal experience. Good Luck

Thanks for the response. I will be in contact with him!

No need to apologize for the length! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give some info. It was all very helpful