Real Answers from Real Pilots

Flying with friends (and ATP Alum)

Greetings from Seattle!

One of the many things that I love about my job is being able to fly with people that I refer to as close friends. As many of you know, Horizon is a relatively smaller regional airline which lends itself the opportunity to develop close relationships with colleagues.

Since the announcement of the birth of my son, there have been a few colleagues that have really stepped up and have made a lasting impression. Both are ATP Alum by the way. They both attended ATP Mesa while they were attending ASU. So, when I noticed that there was a trip in Open Time with one of them assigned to it I had to pick it up!

The trip itself wasn’t all that exciting. But when you’re flying with a close friend IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! We had two, back-to-back Redmond, OR overnights, a single leg home on the third day, with BZN, LAX and SJC in between. Like I said, not the most exciting trip, but again, I didn’t pick this up for the destinations.

Flying-wise I can’t say that anything out of the ordinary happened (which is actually a good thing! I prefer it that way). It was an easy 3-day trip, mainly up and down the coast. Although the weather is beginning to change, we were blessed with mostly sunny weather and calm winds – perfect weather for a friendly landing competition :wink:

Here we are at the end of our 3-day. We had a great time. The stars must have aligned because we actually have a day-trip coming up in just a few days which I am very much looking forward to.

Safe flying everyone!

Tory

6 Likes

Nice story, I have flown with several fellow ATP pilots as well, it is always nice to share stories of our times at ATP.

2 Likes

Time flies when you’re having fun!
Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:
-Hannah

1 Like