FlyQ or foreflight

What should I use for flight or FlyQ which one is better for a student pilot for a ppl

German,

I learned a million years ago before Foreflight etc. While I think it’s great to get a variety of opinions I’d encourage you to ask your instructor. They’re who you’re working with and I’m sure they’re more comfortable or familiar with a certain platform or format.

Adam

1 Like

German,

Could you provide us with more context to your questions?

I get the impression that you are in the beginning stages of your training and most of your questions that you’ve asked recently should be directed to your CFI.

If you don’t have a CFI yet, then please forgive my assumption. That would help explain you’re wanting to know how to prep for your PPL.

I’ve never heard of FlyQ. I’d go with ForeFlight.

Tory

1 Like

Ok thanks

German,

My understanding is that AOPAs FlyQ is more of an EFB without a moving map. I haven’t heard of any schools using it and the only time I heard about it was when AOPA was promoting it during its release.

If you are going into ATP for your PPL ATP will have you get ForeFlight (at a discount). If you are going with a Mom and Pop flight school for your PPL check with your instructor as said above because some will use ForeFlight others will use (or have a discount for) Garmin Pilot.

As far as which one to use I find ForeFlight and Garmin Pilot are very similar with exception of a few things that they each have their own little niche.

1 Like