Former green card holder returning to USA

I lived in the USA and worked for Ameriflight for 6 years in the Metro. 5000+ Hours. I left the USA for 10 years, and the greencard expired. Can I return to the USA and get hired with an airline – will the pilot shortage benefit me to get a work visa with an airline?


This has nothing to do with with work rules or visas. This is about the Dept of Homeland Security and TSA and the law is (with few exceptions) you must be a citizen or permanent resident to work as a pilot in the US.

You need to get your green card back.



You will need to have an active green card or be a US resident to work for the airlines in the US. The airlines will not sponsor your visa application.