Frontier Airlines Cadet Pilot Program

I am wondering the same -if it’s open to ATP alumni. I reached out to Frontier a few days ago and have yet to hear back.

Brent,

This Frontier program seems very new. I’m sure Frontier is busy reviewing applications and contacting a lot of interested individuals. I remember when Aviate was first out and they were processing thousands of applications in the early stages.

Brady

Brent,

Let me know what you hear back.

Ben

Howdy all! My stepson has his F9 virtual interview this week. Any pointers/gouge out there at all? Thanks much in advance!

William,

Just a quick Google search and you’ll see tons of gouges online. Scan a few and you’ll find the repeated topics to study up on.

Best of luck to him!

Hannah

Nick,

Did you hear back from Frontier after completing your admissions flight? I’m at the same point as you. Took my admission flight last Saturday and waiting to hear next steps.

Bradley,

I received an email about a week ago saying I’m in the final stage which includes an “onsite” COMPASS assessment and interview and that they would be in touch for scheduling. I received a call today scheduling a virtual interview, which will be next week. There was no mention of an assessment. Not sure if this interview is it or if there will be more steps.

1 Like

Nick,

Thanks for the update. Seems like it can be a slow waiting game. Hopefully I will get my email soon. I am in the same position as you with my PPL already looking to make a career in aviation.

Those of you that have already had the initial video interview,

How long did you wait from sending in your application to hearing anything back from them? I applied on August 8th and still nothing. Starting ATP in Jacksonville on November 14th, so I’ve already got my medical and financing taken care of. Just curious on a timeline for this cadet program.

Bradley, good luck to you!

Todd,

Here is what my timeline has been.

8/15/22 - Submitted application

9/13/22 - Received notification for virtual interview.

9/14/22 - Completed virtual interview

9/19/22 - Received email stating I had completed first phase of the screening process.

9/20/22 - Received an email from ATP outlining the next steps (1st Class Medical, Financing, Admissions flight). Once this was completed, ATP notified Frontier.

10/6/22 - Received an email from Frontier stating I have advanced to the final stage, which includes an on-site COMPASS Assessment and interview. The email stated Frontier will be in contact for scheduling.

10/13/22 - Frontier called to schedule interview which will be virtual and is scheduled for 10/18/22.

Hopes this helps and good luck to you.

3 Likes

Nick,

I am a bit confused. Are you signing up for ATP either way, or only if you get into the Frontier cadet program?

Chris

Yes, I am signing up for ATP no matter what the outcome with Frontier is.

Hey Nick,

Sure does. Thanks for sharing. I can’t imagine how many applications they’re getting for this, so I’m sure I’ll hear back at some point.

Good luck with the last steps!

Thanks Nick!What are the questions like in the video interview?

The video (recorded) interview was basic get to know you questions. Nothing anyone would have trouble answering.

The virtual interview asked, tell me about a time questions, how did you become interested in aviation, I have PPL, asked PPL level questions, and a scenario question. No questions caught me off guard or had me struggling to find an answer.

1 Like

Did you have to do the Compass assessment as well or just the virtual interview?

Just an interview. They said if I am successful with the interview they would reach out to schedule the Pre-COMPASS assessment. I received an email the next day from ATP saying they were informed by Frontier to give me access to the assessment. It was online and I was able to do it from home.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and information. Congrats so far!

I just got the email "The next phase of the screening will be conducted by ATP Flight School. A member of their admissions team will reach out shortly with an introduction and to schedule a time to discuss the FAA First Class Medical, admissions flight, along with any other pertinent information required for enrollment. "

But haven’t heard anything from ATP.

Also need to look up the compass thing, never heard of it

When do they do the finance check and all that