Going into Cadet Program with Commercial Already?

Hi there,

I’m thinking of going into the Envoy Cadet Program. The site isn’t really that clear (at least to me) as to what the /maximum/ certification(s) I can have. I’d like everything up to and through my CFI, and once I’m 21, since that’s the minimum age (for reference, I am under 21 and don’t feel like waiting several years to get my licenses) go into the ATP-CTP course as an Envoy Cadet, but I’m not sure if I can do that.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Rey,

No need to wait. You can start (and finish) all your training with ATP and still participate in the Envoy Cadet (and many others). No need to wait till 21.
https://atpflightschool.com/airlines/envoy-air-cadet-program.html

Adam

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. I thought you couldn’t go into ATP’s Airline Pilot program until you were 21? (i also pulled this off the link you gave me)

Envoy Cadet Program Requirements

Pilots must meet the following prerequisites and experience requirements to enroll in the Envoy Air Cadet Program.

• FAA Commercial Pilot Certification with multi-engine and instrument ratings
  • Must be at least 21 years of age
  • Current FAA First Class Medical
  • IFR Currency
  • FCC License
  • Ability to work in the U.S.
  • Ability to travel into and out of the U.S. and to all cities/countries served by Envoy

I’m just trying to figure this out, thanks again for helping me out

Rey,

Right, so in order to meet the qualifications of Envoy’s Cadet program you must be a licensed Commercial pilot. Understand Envoy is not a flight school and the Cadet program is not for students. The reason for the 21 age restriction is because to fly for ANY airline in the US you must obtain your ATP license and the min age for that is 21 for an R-ATP.

The min age for ATP flight school is 18.

I recommend you visit our FAQ section and also spend some time on the ATP website as there’s a wealth of information there on the process.

Adam

1 Like