Good online college?

I think I’ve decided to go to ATP and finish my bachelors at the same time. Only problem is whats a decent online college that would accept transfer hours for general education, criminal justice, finance, etc. once it comes to online colleges I’m lost.

@Chris I understand you have a degree in business was it? Any suggestions?

Dakota,

There are many fine online universities that offer any number of degrees in any number of fields. As for who will accept transfer hours for what classes I’m afraid is out of my scope of expertise. The internet is a wonderful tool and you’re fortunate that you can Google everything and anything. I suggest in the same way you found ATP you can find what you need.

Adam

1 Like

Dakota,

I am attending Embry Riddle online right now and I am very satisfied with the way things are going. It works well with my schedule and the cost isn’t astronomical, I am even able to attend without borrowing any money.
I am not sure as to what they will accept as transfer credits and that is something you will have to take up with their admissions department, but it’s definitely worth a shot.

Yarden

1 Like

Thank you! I’m going to give them a call.

@Yarden did you attend a community college and are now taking online classes to finish your bachloars? Just curious

Another one to consider is Utah Valley State University. They have a very good online program and accepted more transfer credits than ERAU for me.

OSU, UVSU, UND, ERAU,and University of Nebraska Omaha are some I remember from my searching.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Did you transfer any credits in other than those you received for your pilots certificate? I’ve been trying to contact someone in online admissions to get an idea of what I would be able to transfer from my two year degree but I got bounced around to a few different people and eventually gave up. Still trying to figure it all out.

1 Like

Different colleges=Different standards. Some might transfer all and some might transfer some, alot transfer none. I’ve done alot of looking myself, I’ve found that if you attend a community college in your city, then attend online college later they will take all of the credits from the community college.

For example: I’m going to attend OTC in Missouri, after I’m done with ATP every college within Southwest Missouri will accept the transfer credits.

I had credits from Valencia CC in Orlando, UCF, and San Juan College in NM that transferred to UVSU.

There were a few annoying things like an Aviation Weather class from SJC that wouldn’t transfer because at SJC it was a 2000 level class and at UVSU it was a 3000 level class. In the end the two classes even used the same book.

Some silly stuff like that but they transferred almost all that I wanted. You may have to appeal a decision but they were very accommodating.

2 Likes

Tucker,

I didn’t have any credits to transfer when I started here. I hadn’t attended any college beforehand.

Yarden

1 Like